Founder of KraftHaus Composites and currently Technical Director at Aero Inspection
A technically biased senior engineering manager delivering commercial, technical, programme and operational engineering and management leadership solutions in challenging organisational structures.
Experienced in leading multi-cultural, and multi-disciplined teams within complex, global, multi-site customer focused and technology driven aviation, aerospace and automotive manufacturing organisations. Extensive experience within regulated aviation, aerospace and defence businesses, both technical and manufacturing environments. Specialist knowledge in aircraft and aviation product certification, composite engineering (including design and certification of repairs to composite structures), aircraft modifications and equipment installations.
– From 1997 to 1999: Technical Director of B/E Aerospace: manufacturing, repairing and maintaining aircraft interior products. Achievements: 22% reduction in technology, engineering and materials business costs through the Strategic Development Plan. Development of composite material and process design, OEM manufacturing and repair instructions for major European airframes (Airbus UK – Head of Process and Composite Materials). Development of UAV/Drone airframe structure and related technologies. Developed and provided training courses on composite design manufacturing and repair processes.Defining and implementing Composite Materials Product and Design Engineering and Analysis functionality for DuPont GmbH specialized in composite technology thermoplastic. Deploying “Lean” systems across business functions saved £130,000 in the first year. Set up, managed and successfully grew an aerospace furniture manufacturing business from inception to £12 million within eighteen months, adding more than $75 million to the group’s revenue in 3 year period. Responsible for the entire European business including securing investment capital from government agencies, through P&L to manage customer relationships and develop technical solutions.
– From 1999 to 2000: worked at Reynard Aviation – Technical Director (temporary): Manufacture, repair and maintenance of aircraft interior products.
– From 2000 – 2006: General Manager at Koito Industries – Manufacturer of aerospace components, assemblies and structures based in Japan. Responsible for sales, marketing, business development, and engineering functions in the business’s aircraft interiors, which generated $75 million in revenue for the team in the 3 years since engine launch new office.
– From 2007 to 2009: Acting as a Consultant in the process of completing the Master of Science program 2009-2010: Head of Engineering, Systems Management and R&D at Marshall Slingsby Advanced Composites – Manufacturer of composite aircraft, components, assemblies and structures.
– From 2010 to 2017: Owner and Director at KraftHaus Composites Ltd. Specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: business, engineering, certification and program management along with Consulting / Training and Research and Design services for Composite Materials for a number of client organizations 2017 to present: The Boeing CDG Certification Specialist specializes in providing expert-level input to certify changes to the Type Certificate design data for commercial aircraft